I finally used some of that coconut I had prepared earlier. I ended up going in a different direction. With several pounds of strawberries, I decided to make a creamy blend, or at least attempted to.
Your Recipe, Should You Choose to Accept it:
Scoop 1 cup of fresh coconut and add to the blender. I let my coconut soak overnight in the fridge in a mixture of milk, cinnamon and honey. These ingredients can be added separately to the smoothie at your taste-bud's desire. Add 2 cups of Greek yogurt, and one frozen banana for sweetness. Cover the concoction with 1 cup of frozen strawberries. Top off with 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean extract. Blend well and taste your concoction. My concoction needed 2 glops of blackberry honey and it was just right.
- 2 cups of Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh coconut with juice
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Frozen Ripe Bananas
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Bean Extract
- cinnamon to taste
- Honey to taste
- 1 ounce of milk (used for storing coconut, can be added to reach desired smoothie thickness)