In celebration of the installation of Morning Coffee, I present to you a blended cup of jubilation! Sometimes clearing dozens of browser tabs can feel like a daunting task; and to get you through, a little kick could be more than helpful. If you're impatient like me, nothing is worse than having to wait to drink your beverage (except for maybe a burnt tongue). Sitting around and huffing and puffing over a hot mug of coffee isn't how I like to spend my time. Unless I risk death due to hypothermia, I like my drinks chilly.
Your Recipe, Should You Choose to Accept it:
- Brew a pot of coffee. My pot claims to contain 4 cups, yet I ended up with 500ml/16oz. Pour a mug for yourself if you'd like, but be sure to set aside 16oz. for your Morning Coffee. Place the designated coffee into a temperature resistant container and set it in the refrigerator. Once the coffee has chilled, pour it into an empty ice cube tray. Freeze. Once frozen, each frozen cube of coffee should consist of 1 oz. My cubes were overfilled slightly so that each cube contained 1.2 oz.
- Combine Half and Half, vanilla extract, almond extract, and cinnamon into blender and mix well. Add frozen coffee cubes to blender and blend till smooth. If resulting concoction is not delicious enough, spoon honey into the pitcher and blend until desired sweetness level is obtained (my preference is a heaping tablespoon).
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Bean Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Almond Extract (start with less and add extract as needed for flavor)
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 ounces of Half and Half
- 6 ounces of Frozen Coffee (you favorite blend)
- Sweeten with Honey to taste.
Makes one 8 oz. serving. I generally prefer a 16 oz. serving myself, but unless I plan on being up for hours on end, 8 is enough. If you prefer coffee for it's flavor rather than it's caffeine, substitute decafinated coffee and drink as much as you like.